Sunday, April 19, 2009

Late Thailand Trip

Once more, another delayed post on a trip I've had with my family and relatives. I just read these from my phone journal and tried recalling as much as possible.

====================================================================

Thailand Trip
12-24
Arrival in Bangkok. We got a flower wreath, basically flowers stuck to a long pink ribbon. I learned that ribbon doesn't feel good around the neck, and apparently, I got the one with the dying flowers. Anyway, we went to Arnoma Hotel. Went to a mall near the hotel to eat. There are lots of food there cheaper than in the Philippines. Ex: Crepe costs 25 baht for two flavors and 30 for three. I ate a lot of free tastes (Don't exactly remember where). According to my notes, leeching is fun. In one mall, we saw a mall Santa with lots of elves (kids). We had dinner at Galaxy Hotel. It wasn't bad. ButI wasn't able to eat too much since I didn't feel like eating that time. The hotel room is noisy, but it was easy to sleep after getting used to the noise. Woke up a lot though.

12-25
Breakfast buffet at hotel. I didn't like the food. Went to Dream World, a theme park. Took a lot of pictures and rode several rides. The most awesome one was Super Splash, a wild river type. It certainly lived up to its name. After impact from the high slide, your view will be as if you're surrounded by an opaque force field of water, seeing nothing but water...It was mesmerizing. After the ride, there's a bridge where you can get splashed. We let ourselves get splashed two times. It was awesome, as if watching a mini tsunami coming at you. Though that was the awesomest in the theme park, the coolest is the snow toboggan ride in Snow Town. Anyway, we ate lunch there. Buffet, Rating: It was okay. Dinner was at Royal Something. The food was full of fried ones, unlike the day before. It was good. Slept at Arnoma again. This time, slept very well.

12-26
Breakfast was the same as the previous day's. Went to Safari and Marine World and watched several animal shows. Orangutan, seal, elephant, had lunch, dolphin, spy world, bird show. The one I liked the most was the seal act, closely followed by bird show then dolphin. I didn't enjoy the orangutan and the elephant shows. Lunch was similar to the day before's, but a bit better. Ate buffet dinner. Loved the barbeque pork. It was like steaks on a stick. Slept at Woodlands Hotel and Resort, at Pattaya. The room's weird. Not only are there no locks for the comfort room, there's also a window that can be opened from teh room to the comfort room. Didn't sleep well at all. I got a sore throat, the neighbor rooms are noisy, things in our room creak, and my lil bro is eating up my space.

12-27
Dunno if the breakfast is better since my appetite was down (I assume this is due to sore throat). Went to Pattaya Beach. Rode speedboat to an island. Stopped for parasailing first. When we arrived, I was too dizzy to play around the beach (not like I wanted to). Just lay around and made sand sculptures. Lunch was fine, but still no appetite. Went back to hotel for shower. Went to elephant show and then to a mall: Something Lotus. Had dinner somewhere, which wasn't bad. After that, we walked around Pattaya, which was a waste of my life. Overnight once more at woodlands. Sore throat got worse, but slept well.

12-28
Breaksfast at Woodlands. Still low appetite. Went to Sriracha Tiger Zoo to watch animal shows. Starting from pig race, then crocodile show, tiger circus, and another elephant show. We had lunch there. Went back to Bangkok. Went to Siam Paragon's Ocean world, then went to Arnoma Hotel. We had dinner in a cruise, which was good. But I didn't feel like eating much. I didn't get dizzy at all. On the way back to the hotel, sticker madness in the bus. Overnight at Arnoma. Slept well.

12-29
Free day. Had Breakfast at hotel then walked around in shopping places. I got into a bad mood while walking around. My sore throat didn't help one bit. Had luch in a fast food place then my lil bro and I went back to the hotel to drop off the stuff the others bought. Then I walked around in Big C. Returned to hotel and watched TV till dinner time. Had dinner at fast food of Big C. After that, we walked around Big C before returning to hotel. Slept very well.

12-30
Ate breakfast at hotel. Pack up and leave.

====================================================================

One thing I remember from this is that too much elephant shows in one trip: Hateable.

I'll post Taiwan trip sometime...

No comments: