Tuesday, September 09, 2008

With Me

With Me

It was a dark, rainy afternoon.
Two umbrellas stood by each other.
With a single goodbye,
The two turned and parted.

How come parting seemed so easy
even if I felt like I'm losing a part of me?
Is this what they meant when they said
"Parting is such sweet sorrow"?
I don't understand.

The tears won't fall,
Even if I know
In my heart, there's a chance
We won't see each other again.

Why can't I cry,
Even when my heart
Really feels like crying?
Is it because I'm grown up?
I want to be a child again.

I walked away, 
Splashes made in every step.
I felt like turning around to face you.
But I didn't want to see just your back.

How come parting seemed so easy?
even if I felt like I'm losing a part of me?
Is this what they meant when they said
"Parting is such sweet sorrow"?
I don't understand.

The sky is crying.
I looked at it.
Somehow, I felt it's crying for us.
Do you feel the same way?

I turned around
And saw you smiling at me.
I smiled back, happy that I did.
Finally I left, carrying that smile of yours
With me.

So I can't really call that a poem, as there are hardly any rhymes. As they say: "No rhyme, no reason (to call it a poem)". I came up with it while listening to Yui's "M". I just closed my eyes, listened to the song and wrote down what I could see while listening to it. Thus, I didn't give any time to come up with rhymes. This is also the reason why the POV of the poem might seem like that from a girl. What can I say? It's not exactly my voice I'm hearing ;) 

It's been a while since I last posted something here. Life gets busy and I'm too busy enjoying everything I could in my free time. From that, I'm implying that this blog isn't very high in my priority list. ^^

Well, another term has passed and the beginning of a new term awaits in front of my bed (If you don't get it, tough...). Based on my score last term, one could believe I've really learned my lesson after failing a subject. But I really don't think so.

True, I've been forcing myself to study even when the upcoming test wasn't on the next day. But my motivation to study wavers after each piece of success. It took another disappointment for me to become motivated every time that happened. Conclusion? I'm pretty much the same...

I hope I do at least as well on the upcoming term, if not better. Based on what I've been hearing and witnessing, I'd say it will be a pretty busy term for me. So, like I've failed to update this blog last term, I doubt I'd be able to do so this term.

With that being said, catch ya later! ^^

No comments: