Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Thousand Masks

Time to continue my blog again...
But first, let's start off with an opening poem.

A Thousand Masks

I hide behind a thousand masks
Because I don't want you to know.
The fragile and lonely me inside,
I am afraid to show.
I may act fine,
Calm as I may be.
But these masks can never show
The one and only me.

If only there could be someone
To love me as I am.
For though I seem to need no one,
Inside, I'm all alone.
If I can drop all lies,
even if I get left behind.
As long as you can accept me,
I can remove these masks of mine.

One who doesn't need a plastic smile,
To lock away all tears.
One who isn't afraid at all
To admit all his fears.
To just release all insecurities
And cry whenever sad,
And still manage to have a genuine smile,
to laugh with whenever glad.

I may have a thousand masks,
Masks to hide behind.
I want you to see the real me,
The one crying inside.

Okay, so I just made this poem a while ago during CWTS. What!? I was bored!

Ahem, as some of you may know, I am very ill right now (sick just isn't the word). I predict I will have a fever tomorrow and probably lose my voice until Monday. A cause for celebration for my friends...

Anyway, this illness made me realize something important. "Don't worry. No matter how tough life gets, someone else has it worse," (or something like that). That's how people comfort themselves or others whenever they're having a hard time.

I hadn't been able to sleep well last night. I kept on coughing and coughing. It was very difficult and I envied my little brother, who was snoring loudly beside me. Later on, although I'm not sure if I fell asleep or not, my senses came back and I decided to take some medicine in the bathroom. after walking inside and turning on the light, I caught a glimpse of the time, which was exactly 3:00 (the time when Emily was possessed in the show, Exorcism of Emily Rose). Not that it came to my mind back then, I just wanted to share it to you.

Anyway, going back to the topic, when our maid woke me up on 7:20 am, I felt worse than ever. I then remembered the saying about someone having it worse than I do. I didn't like that feeling. I just felt then that I wish I was the only person suffering that much. If I was in so much pain, I just can't imagine being happy because someone else is suffering more. It wasn't right.

The lesson I want to share to the people reading this blog of mine, including myself, is that whenever you're having a difficult time, hope that no one else is suffering as much or more than you are instead of wishing for the contrary.

I'm getting tired. That's it for now. Catch ya later! ^^

No comments: